December 03, 2020skincare
Strawberries are amazing for your skin, here's Why...
Who doesn't love strawberries?, Strawberry jam, strawberry ice-cream, strawberry syrup for pancakes, strawberry shake. Eating a strawberry on its own is also a good option.
Not only this is a tasty fruit but also this is loaded with vitamin C and antioxidants.
Now let’s go through some benefits on the skin of this fruit.
- Anti-aging -Strawberries contain the anti-oxidant ellagic acid, which prevents the destruction of collagen, the major causes of wrinkle formation. Ellagic acid has a photoprotective effect that works against UV damage by suppressing the production of MMP(Matrix Metalloproteinase)which are enzymes that contribute to the destruction of collagen. This fruit prevents wrinkles from forming on the skin, thereby providing a healthy supple look to your face so strawberry for skin is very good.
- Clears off acne- Stubborn acne caused by excess accumulation of sebum can be cleared off with the nutrients present in this fruit. Strawberries being acidic in nature enables it to remove excess oil from the skin. Mash a few strawberries and apply on face. Wash it off with lukewarm water after 15 minutes.
- No more oily skin-Being rich in vitamin C, these fruits can be used to make excellent face masks to fight oily skin, as well as nourish and revitalize your skin. Strawberries are acidic in nature and this is effective to remove the excess sebum on the skin.
- Foot scrub-You can also use Strawberries to scrub your feet. Mash a few strawberries and rub them on feet. The abrasive texture of seeds help in removing dead skin cells and the moisturizing pulp helps in softening rough feet. This also heals minor cracks.
- Plump lips-Mash a few strawberries and add 1 teaspoon sugar to it. Apply this scrub gently on lips in a circular motion. The sugar will exfoliate lips and the acidic nature of strawberry will give aa plumping effect.
- Teeth whitening-Strawberries have a teeth whitening enzyme known as Malic acid. This effectively helps in whitening teeth and removes stubborn stains. Slice a strawberry in half and rub it on your teeth for a naturally bright smile.
- Skin lightening-The juice of strawberry is very effective in lightening blemishes and acne spots. As this has vitamin C this helps in giving visibly bright skin. Soak a cotton ball in strawberry juice and apply on face and neck. Rinse thoroughly afterward. This proves strawberry for skin is very important.
- Skin exfoliator-Mashed strawberries are a little gritty in texture so this can be great exfoliator for the skin. Mix 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon sugar and 2 teaspoons of mashed strawberries. This will remove dead skin cells and will also help in rejuvenating tired skin.
- Skin toner-Mix equal quantity of strawberry juice with rose water and dab it on the face. This will work as an excellent toner, especially for oily skin.
Why Not Try The Benefits Of strawberries For Yourself?
Check out our superfood Strawberry Vitamin day moisturiser which is great for hydrating your skin, for smooth, brighter and healthy looking skin